Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
- Open to anyone age 18 years or older.
- Four scholarships are available. Scholarship includes registration for the National Race Amity Conference, meals, hotel accomodation in Quincy, MA, and a small stipend to help with travel costs.
- Applicants are to submit a brief summary by November 3, 2019 describing why they would like to participate in this conference and the Call for Art, and what art form they may use.
- Awardees will attend the National Race Amity Conference – Thursday, November 21st – Saturday, November 23rd, and are encouraged to attend the full conference if possible.
- Submissions will be in line with Vision and Mission of Artists Building Capacity as World Citizens (ABC-WC), suitable for a general audience, and be non-partisan in nature.
- The agreement of understanding between the nonprofit organization, ABC-WC, and the awardee will be the submision, by January 31, 2020, of an original work of art, or concept of the art, inspired by the conference – for example: a painting, music, song, craft, video, poetry, essay with visuals, a dramatic reading, sculpture.
- Each awardee will present their created work to the public in a small gathering in the Seacoast area near Portsmouth, NH on a future, mutually agreed-upon date in early 2020. This gathering will be sponsored by ABC-WC. A small stipend to help with travel costs will be available as needed.
- All art will be the sole property of the creating artist.
- The artist will give ABC-WC permission to post their work, with attribution, on ABC-WC website: www.abcworldcitizens.org
- ABC-WC reserves the right to decline submissions if they are not in line with the organization’s Vision and Mission (#5 above).
- Contact for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by November 3, 2019
<!– Global site tag (gtag.js) – Google Analytics –>
<script async src=”https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-48992928-1″></script>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag(‘js’, new Date());